Since Chloe was born, Barry and I don’t go out quite as often as we used to. 🙂 However, this is OK with us – we are enjoying this current season of our life, as we know that it will fly by! As a result of spending more time at home, we’ve been coming up with creative at-home date night ideas that are a little more exciting than just watching a movie together. Our latest favorite has been asking each other date night questions.
The other night, after cooking dinner, we put Chloe to bed, took some drinks out with us onto our balcony, and spent some time asking each other questions about each other and our relationship. It was so much fun, and not only did it make us think deeply, but it also brought us closer together as a couple by spurring some great conversations. Best of all, it was free, and didn’t require any materials. A win-win!
Because we enjoyed our evening so much, we decided to come up with some more questions that can be used for a fun date night at home, or while out and about (this would be a really fun activity to do while out at a bar or restaurant with your partner!) Feel free to to pick and choose which questions or categories you like best…or really make it a night (like we did!) and take turns each answering every single question. Some are lighthearted, and some are more serious…but all are powerful and will allow you and your partner to get to know each other better, no matter how long you’ve been together! We hope you enjoy these questions, and that they lead to great conversations with your partner. After all, talks like these are so important!
- What do you feel has been your biggest success in life so far?
- How do you want people to remember you?
- What’s something that no one knows about you?
- What is your biggest current challenge?
- What is one thing you wish you did better?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- What is one thing you think you do well?
- If you could live anywhere other than where you currently live, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is one skill you’d like to learn?
- What was the first thing you thought when you saw me?
- What is one thing you think I’m great at?
- What is your favorite physical attribute of mine?
- What do I do that makes you feel most appreciated and loved?
- What is one thing you wish I did more often, or better?
- What is one thing that you think I can learn from you?
- If you had one wish for me, what would it be?
- What are my top three strengths?
- How did you first know that you loved me?
- What is your favorite aspect of my personality?
About Our Relationship
- What have been the highest and lowest points in our relationship?
- What is your favorite memory of us together?
- What do you think was a pivotal moment in our relationship?
- What do you wish we did more of?
- What do you wish we did less of?
- What do you think is our greatest strength as a couple?
- What do you think is our greatest weakness as a couple?
- Where do you see us 5 years from now? 10 years from now? 20 years?
- What is one way we could communicate better?
- What are our goals for the coming year?
What other questions would you add to this list?