Although I’m the main cook in our home, Barry is in charge of the air fryer. He was interested in getting one for months, and I finally decided to gift him one this past Valentine’s Day. I have to say…doing this has been one of my best decisions to date. 🙂 He has had so much fun trying out recipes in it since then, and I’ve had even more fun taste-testing them! The biggest hit so far has been these tasty air fryer French Fries.
I have to give credit where credit is due and share that even though I love to cook and very much enjoy being the family chef, Barry has so much more of a natural knack for cooking than I do! It’s really not fair. 🙂 The first time he attempted these air fryer fries, they were awesome. The second time he made them, though? They were downright delicious and absolutely perfect. This is now our go-to recipe when a fry craving strikes (which, let’s be honest, is…umm…quite often.) 🙂
AIR FRYER FRENCH FRY INGREDIENTS:
Feel free to use any spices you’d like to switch it up and make these fries more to your liking:
- Potatoes: we prefer Russets because they’re low in moisture, so they fry up nicely.
- Olive oil: a since these fries are cooked in the air fryer, you don’t need a ton of oil. A little bit, though, adds lots of flavor and color.
- Seasonings: salt and pepper are absolute musts. We also always use homemade Italian seasoning, as it has lots of different spices in it (which equals more bang for your buck.) 😉
Let us know if you give these delicious air fryer French fries a try…we’d love to hear how you like them!
THE BEST AIR FRYER FRENCH FRIES
- 3 large Russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Wash your potatoes, and pat them dry. Peel, if desired (we never do, but it’s totally up to you!) Cut into 1/2 inch strips, keeping the size of each fry as uniform as possible.
- Add potatoes to a medium sized bowl and toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer basket and shake to distribute them evenly.
- Cook at 300° for 30 minutes, shaking periodically to ensure even cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate link(s).