SHORTCUT THAI BASIL CHICKEN
This flavorful, spicy Thai dish requires only a few staple pantry ingredients and comes together in no time!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I use the less sodium version)
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce (I use the reduced sodium version)
- 1.5 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce (More or less to taste, depending on how much spice you like!)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
Head vegetable oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
While the oil is heating, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar and set aside.
Add the shallots and garlic to the sauté pan and cook until soft (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in the chili garlic sauce.
Add in ground chicken and cook until cooked through (about 10-12 minutes), crumbling it well as you go.
Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the broth mixture from earlier and combine.
Stir in the basil leaves until wilted, and serve!